Winchester Freshers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sports do you participate in already?

4 posters

Go down

What sports do you participate in already? Empty What sports do you participate in already?

Post  timbo Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:02 am

The SU website has contact info and guidance on how you can get involved at University - in social societies and activities as well as sports, and the Student Union supports a number of activities groups.
What sports do you enjoy - either seriously competition, or just for fun?

Student Activities form a crucial part of the student experience, enabling students to gain valuable key skills aiding personal development, along with increasing employability. Our societies and sports teams aim to provide a break from the workload that HE courses entail, along with a forum to meet people and be active with a fun interest.

timbo

Back to top Go down

What sports do you participate in already? Empty sports

Post  lucky Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 am

hey im really in to sports, wondered how it kinda works coz at my last college you could only do sport at tha same time i had lesson which was rubbish! i heard that wednesday is day off at winchester for sport this true? Basketball

lucky

Back to top Go down

What sports do you participate in already? Empty Re: What sports do you participate in already?

Post  timbo Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Lucky... sorry for the great delay with a reply!! Wednesday afternoon is indeed usually lecture free for all undergraduate students at Winchester. Indeed, the SU keeps an active effort to ensure it remains so. So, particiption in team sports as a spectator or a team player is usually not a problem as it won't clash with lectures. It's a great mid-week interval - and creates a very busy night usually on Wednesday's at the bars - as revellers are joined by sporting stars celebrating or comisserating matches won or lost! Extra curricular activities can add that fantastic extra interest element to the HE experience of being a student. Part of doing an HE course does involve the idea of some study/research time being need outside of lectures to do best though as well - so that may be well worth remembering in addition - at least when work is due in! Weds pm is a tme that can be used for many things - even work!
Timbo...

Last edited by timbo on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To enhance!)

timbo

Back to top Go down

What sports do you participate in already? Empty Re: What sports do you participate in already?

Post  Rewan Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm glad you said wed afternoons can be used for anything... i had this horrible image that every wednesday at midday i was going to get dragged out of my lesson and forced to play sports.... *shudders*

Rewan

Back to top Go down

What sports do you participate in already? Empty Lots of Activities

Post  jodierodaway Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:05 am

Hi Rewan,
There are so many things to do not just sport so you have no worries there!
If you are interested in doing anything then you can always check out the Participation tab on our website, then you can look at Volunteering, Student Societies, starting a Student Society....
There are so many things to do so, No, you will not be forced to play sport at all. Come to Freshers Fayre on Sat 17th Sept at West Downs from 10.30am - 3.00pm, you can see whats going on at the University and within the Student Union, and pick up some freebies along the way! I got a toaster in my first year - always handy!
Jodie
Participation & Volunteering Officer 2008/2009

jodierodaway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum